- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Filled
- Date Posted: 2022-05-17 10:00
Thanks for stopping by! Whether you’re just browsing opportunities or seriously considering a new job, we’d love to connect. To kick things off, here’s a little bit about us:
- We’re employee-owned – our people have an ownership stake in this company via privately held stock.
- We openly celebrate faith & family. We believe God owns this business, and we’re just stewards.
- Our goal is to make a positive impact with each interaction – what we call “Purpose Driven.”
- The transportation industry is hectic, but we do our best to have fun along the way 🙂
- Our first criteria for any employee are honesty, integrity, and character – the foundational stuff.
Does that match what you are looking for?
Now, for those job details:
Nussbaum is evaluating candidates for a Dedicated Account Manager position. This role combines customer service, freight engineering, and supervising 15-25 drivers. Communication is key as you manage driver and customer relationships while seeking outcomes that benefit all parties and increase Nussbaum’s profitability. (That was a mouthful 🙂 ). Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee 15-25 drivers assigned to your customer accounts.
- Ensure they stay current on truck maintenance.
- Accept, build, and communicate their load information + answer any questions/concerns.
- Engage them in growth opportunities (success plans, Certified RED, etc.)
- Coach and discipline with HOS management and missed service expectations.
- Manage 2-6 customer account relationships:
- Provide consistent updates on load information.
- Address any questions, concerns, or special needs.
- Regularly engage to ensure we are fulfilling service expectations and they are fulfilling freight volumes + driver productivity expectations.
- Work with various departments at Nussbaum to achieve success.
- After-hours team, operations, HR/Safety, shop, etc.
- Monday-Friday; 7 am – 4:30 pm (1hr lunch + two 15-minute breaks).
- Location: Corporate Offices – 19336 N. 1425 East Rd., Hudson, IL 61748.
Benefits & Perks
- Insurance coverage for you + family.
- Flexible Spend Account (FSA) options for healthcare and child daycare.
- Escalating PTO and paid holidays.
- 401(k) company match.
- ESOP account – a company-funded, supplemental retirement account in addition to the 401(k). Learn more HERE.
- Food Days! Once per month, enjoy a free gourmet lunch served by your fellow employee-owners (the committee rotates month to month).
- GrowRED Professional Development – earn points as you engage in learning opportunities!
Here’s the type of person we’re looking for:
- Communicator – honest, respectful, and consistent.
- Team player – mature, seeks win-win scenarios, gives/receives feedback with grace and honesty.
- Learner – always seeking to grow, both personally and professionally.
- Self-motivated – identifies new opportunities and takes initiative to solve problems.
The skills you need / will learn:
- Customer service, influencing, and negotiating.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook.
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities.
- Basic math for the purpose of calculating HOS and understanding financial data.
- Information retention.
Thanks for checking out the Dedicated Account Manager position! If you’re ready to be purpose-driven and join the Nussbaum Family, submit your resume below for consideration. Talk soon!
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.