- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Filled
- Date Posted: 2023-01-20 12:00
Nussbaum is seeking a self-motivated After Hours Dispatcher to lead the charge in servicing and taking care of our Drivers, Shippers, and receivers after hours. Freight is moving 24 hours a day, and even though it is a little slower late in the PM, there are load changes, driver situations, and freight delivering all hours of the day.
At Nussbaum, our vision is to be purpose-driven in everything we do. We want to positively impact our drivers, employees, customers, partners, and those we meet along the way. This means we do more than just “show up.” As employee-owners, we own our actions and take a personal stake in our company’s success. We lead with faith and integrity. We put people and family first. It’s at our core, and it’s the reason so many people love coming to work here each day. Are you ready to join us?
- After hours phone calls
- After Hours emails
- Totalmail errors
- Track and trace of our high-service level customers: GE, CAT, HNI, Penske, others to come
- Take Accident Reports, handle post-accident logistics needs (cab rides, hotels, etc), and set up post-DOT accident drug testing when applicable
- EDI Acceptance
- Trailer Gaps
- Driver Gaps
- GPS Coordinates
- Updating TMW with correct info.
- Full-time position
- Every other Wednesday, every Thursday, Friday 530pm-530am
- Every other weekend Sat 1300-2100 Sunday 500-1200
- Location: Corporate Offices – 19336 N. 1425 East Rd., Hudson, IL 61748 – training is in person, position can be remote.
- Full insurance benefits – health, dental, vision, short-term life, and disability
- 401(k) company-match
- Escalating PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – a company-funded supplemental retirement benefit in addition to the 401(k)
- Flexible Spend Account options for healthcare and child daycare
- Professional development opportunities
- A lot of logic, organization, planning – lots of time-based calculations, finding the mix of keeping a truck moving but not so tight that all must go perfect, and we fail on the load
- Flexibility – as plans break or change keep a level head and work on Plan B
- Multi-tasking abilities. There are all kinds of loads, contingencies, appointments, to be balancing. Circumstances change continuously.
- Creativity – think outside the box to take more freight, or how to move drivers around to get tricky loads delivered on time without violation HOS rules
- Balancing the profitability and efficiency with the driver’s needs, performance, and style
- Clear communication – when relaying info from nights to days, being able to communicate clearly is important. Communication with drivers is key and being able to talk them through situations.
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.