- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Active
- Date Posted: 2023-04-13 01:34
Thanks for stopping by! Whether you’re just browsing opportunities or seriously considering a new job, we’d love to connect. To kick things off, here’s a little bit about us:
- We’re employee-owned – our people have an ownership stake in this company via privately held stock.
- We openly celebrate faith & family. We believe God owns this business, and we’re just stewards.
- Our goal is to make a positive impact with each interaction – what we call “Purpose Driven.”
- The transportation industry is hectic, but we do our best to have fun along the way. 🙂
- Our first criteria for any employee are honesty, integrity, and character – the foundational stuff.
Does that match what you are looking for?
Now, for those job details:
The Facility Maintenance Technician helps keep our buildings and terminal grounds clean, safe, and functional. Working with other technicians, contractors, and support staff, you’ll ensure that all areas are properly maintained. This includes routine janitorial duties, as well as specialized projects like installing/repairing equipment or responding to emergency situations (fires, plumbing leaks, etc.). Your duties include:
- Indoor Maintenance
- Cleaning common areas (lobby, break rooms, hallways, bathrooms).
- Building maintenance (heating/cooling, plumbing, electrical, fire alarms, lighting, replacing clock batteries, etc. May bring in a specialized vendor if repairs are beyond the scope of the Nussbaum Facilities department).
- Repairing machines/equipment.
- Maintaining/ordering new inventory of supplies.
- Inspecting buildings to identify needed repairs or maintenance.
- Assist with setup/breakdown for meetings and events.
- Organize/clean storage rooms, trailers, containers, and closets.
- Outdoor/Grounds Maintenance
- Parking lot/building entrances.
- Snow removal.
- Fleet maintenance (as needed).
- Inspect work done by contractors and subcontractors to ensure quality.
- Monday- Friday; 7 am – 4 pm.
- Location: Corporate Offices- 19336 N 1425 East Rd, Hudson, IL 61748.
Benefits & Perks
- Escalating PTO and paid holidays.
- Insurance coverage for you + family – health, dental, vision, short-term life, and disability.
- Flexible Spend Account (FSA) options for healthcare and child daycare.
- 401(k) company match.
- ESOP account – a company-funded supplemental retirement benefit in addition to the 401K.
- Food days! Once per month, enjoy a free gourmet lunch served by fellow employee owners (the committee rotates month to month).
- GrowRED professional development – earn points as you engage in learning opportunities!
Here’s the type of person we’re looking for:
- Communicator – open, honest, and consistent.
- Team player – mature, respectful, gives/receives feedback with grace and honesty to all employees and team members.
- Self-starter – able to work independently.
- Self-motivated – identifies new opportunities and takes initiative to solve problems.
- Learner – always looking to grow, both personally and professionally.
Needed Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Proven experience as a facility maintenance technician or similar role.
- Forklift certified preferred.
- Problem-solving and able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Attention to detail – ensures all work is completed in an exemplary manner.
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other systems.
- Can read technical manuals and drawings.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures with potential exposure to physical risks.
- Considerable physical activity, heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 100 pounds.
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.