- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Filled
- Date Posted: 2023-07-26 07:00
Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. We’re excited that you’re considering Nussbaum as the next step in your career! To kick it off, here’s a little about us:
- We’re employee-owned – our people have an ownership stake in this company via privately held stock.
- We’re Purpose Driven – our goal is to make a positive impact through each interaction.
- We openly celebrate faith & family. We believe God owns this business and we’re just stewards.
- The transportation industry is hectic, but we do our best to have fun along the way 😊.
Is that what you’re looking for?
Now, for those job details:
The Accounting Specialist plays a key role in our day-to-day business operations! You are responsible for billing customers, collecting payments in a timely fashion, and helping to prepare financial statements (among other things). As you demonstrate critical thinking skills and a commitment to excellence, you’ll be given additional responsibilities and be exposed to new areas of the business. Your responsibilities include:
- Accounts Receivable (AR).
- Billing according to rate tables.
- Managing paperwork (BC, Printing, etc).
- Answering phones (company switchboard).
- Licensing/permitting for trucks and trailers.
- Oversize load permitting.
- Payroll support – weekly journal entries, Per Diem, etc.
- Full-time position.
- Monday-Friday; 7:30am – 4:30pm.
- Location: Corporate Offices – 19336 N. 1425 East Rd., Hudson, IL 61748.
Benefits & Perks
- Full insurance benefits (you + family) – health, dental, vision, short-term life, and disability.
- 401(k) company-match.
- Escalating PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Flexible Spend Account options for healthcare and child daycare.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- GrowRED Professional Development – earn points as you engage learning opportunities!
- Company Wellness Program – programs and incentives for a healthier, active lifestyle! (points combined with GrowRED to be redeemed from our rewards catalog).
- Food Days! Once per month, enjoy a free gourmet lunch served by your fellow employee-owners.
Here’s the type of person we’re looking for:
- Communicator – honest, respectful, and consistent.
- Team player – mature, seeks win-win scenarios, gives/receives feedback with grace and honesty.
- Learner – always seeking to grow, both personally and professionally.
- Self-motivated – identifies new opportunities and takes initiative to solve problems.
- Critical thinker – can analyze and offer solutions to complex problems.
- Detail-oriented – able to identify the slightest inaccuracies.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Associate Degree in accounting, business, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel).
- Data analysis skills.
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.