- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Filled
- Date Posted: 2023-09-07 07:00
Hey there! 👋 Thanks for stopping by. We’re excited that you’re considering Nussbaum as the next step in your career! To kick it off, here’s a little about who we are:
- We are Employee-Owned. All of our people receive an ownership stake in the company via our ESOP.
- We are Purpose Driven. Our goal is to make a positive impact through each interaction. Therefore, character and integrity are essential.
- We openly celebrate faith & family. We believe God owns this business and we’re just stewards for a season.
- Innovation is our thing. We’re bent on continuous improvement and crushing expectations. We aren’t afraid to try something new.
- We enjoy being at work. The transportation industry is hectic, but we do our best to have fun along the way 😊.
Does that match what you’re looking for?
Now, for those job details:
As a Fleet Planner on our operations team, you’ll plan driver loads, ensure efficient / on-time deliveries, and maintain communication flow between various inter-department groups. Your primary objective is to plan loads that maximize the driver experience and Nussbaum’s profitability. A successful Fleet Planner has strong critical thinking skills and collaborates well with others. Core responsibilities include:
- Plan loads for approximately 60 drivers.
- Work with two driver managers to maximize the driver experience.
- Ensure on-time delivery, efficiency, and the selection of loads that balance profitability with the driver’s needs and preferences.
- Balance load capacity with drivers’ hours-of-service capacity.
- Effectively communicate with other Nussbaum departments (Customer Account Coordinators, Driver Managers, Regional Planners, the shop, and HR/Safety).
- Full-time; Monday-Friday; 7am – 4:30pm.
- 📍 Corporate Office – 19336 N 1425 East Rd., Hudson, IL 61748. pin
Benefits & Perks ✨
- Health, dental, & vision coverage for you + eligible dependents.
- Life & disability insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option for healthcare and childcare expenses.
- ESOP account – company-funded supplemental retirement account (on top of the 401k).
- 401(k) match.
- Paid holidays & escalating PTO.
- Cross-Department Networking – Get to know fellow employee owners through network lunches, financial workshops, serving on a committee/event team, service projects, and GrowRED activities.
- GrowRED Professional Development – Earn rewards points as you engage in classes, seminars, job shadows, online training, and activities with fellow employee owners!
- Company Wellness Program – includes step and weight loss incentives, gym reimbursements, and free add-on healthcare benefits. Earn reward points for engaging in a healthy, active lifestyle!
- Rewards – GrowRED + Wellness points may be redeemed for gift cards, electronics, PTO days, and more!
- Food days! Once per month, enjoy a free gourmet lunch served by fellow employee-owners.
Here’s the type of person we’re looking for:
- 💬 Strong communication skills.
- 🤝 Team player – able to interact well with others, respectful, gives/receives feedback with grace and honesty.
- 🌟 Self-motivated – identifies new opportunities and takes initiative to solve problems.
- 💡 Lifelong learner – always looking to grow, both personally and professionally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook).
- Phone skills (talking with drivers, answering questions).
- Able to multi-task (within reason).
- Problem-solving/critical thinking skills.
- Creativity, out-of-the-box thinking.
- Basic math skills (for the purpose of calculating HOS and understanding financial data).
- Able to quickly recall information about customers and freight networks.
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.