- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Active
- Date Posted: 2023-02-17 07:00
Safety and compliance is a major focus for Nussbaum, whether that is working with and talking to drivers, or working with customers and other departments around Nussbaum.
We are looking for a Safety & Claims Advisor who can integrate easily into our Safety team and work closely with the team to deliver high-quality, responsive, and well communicated results and standards. This includes being able to have crucial conversations with insurance, drivers, and other office members in an effective and respectful way.
At Nussbaum, our vision is to be purpose-driven in everything we do. We want to make a positive impact – on our drivers, employees, customers, partners, and those we meet along the way. This means we do more than just “show up.” As employee owners, we own our actions and take a personal stake in our company’s success. We lead with faith and integrity. We put people and family first. It’s at our core, and it’s the reason so many people love coming to work here each day. Are you ready to join us?
- Run point on ELD devices and handle HOS/Log situations. This includes but is not limited to driver issues, violations, Hours of service reports, and trouble shooting ELD system problems.
- Maintenance events reporting – main contact for updating and entering driver points into scorecard.
- Contact for claims handling (Auto Liability/Physical Damage) – gather incident report, working with other parties to take care of equipment, paperwork/pictures, insurance claims.
- DOT expirations – help maintain driver DOT cards, License, and any DOT related paperwork.
- Full-time position
- Monday-Friday; 7:30am-5pm
- Location: Corporate Offices – 19336 N. 1425 East Rd., Hudson, IL 61748
- Full insurance benefits – health, dental, vision, short-term life, and disability
- 401(k) company-match
- Escalating PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – a company-funded supplemental retirement benefit in addition to the 401(k)
- Flexible Spend Account options for healthcare and child daycare
- Professional development opportunities
Desired Soft Skills
- Team player – able to interact well with others, respectful, gives/receives feedback with grace and honesty.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Self-motivated – identifies new opportunities and takes initiative to solve problems
- Desire for continual learning – always looking to grow, both personally and professionally
- Detail Oriented
Desired Hard Skills
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and general computer skills
- Background in insurance or customer service is preferred
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.