- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Active
- Date Posted: 2023-08-21 07:00
Hey there! 👋 Thanks for stopping by. We’re excited that you’re considering Nussbaum as the next step in your career! To kick it off, here’s a little about who we are:
- We are Employee-Owned. All of our people receive an ownership stake in the company via our ESOP.
- We are Purpose Driven. Our goal is to make a positive impact through each interaction. Therefore, character and integrity are essential.
- We openly celebrate faith & family. We believe God owns this business and we’re just stewards for a season.
- Innovation is our thing. We’re bent on continuous improvement and crushing expectations. We aren’t afraid to try something new.
- We enjoy being at work. The transportation industry is hectic, but we do our best to have fun along the way 😊.
Does that match what you’re looking for?
Now, for those job details:
Safety and compliance is a major focus for Nussbaum. We’re seeking a Safety & Claims Advisor with strong communication skills to assist with accident/insurance claims, hours-of-service (HOS) regulations, and ensuring drivers maintain DOT requirements. This role involves many crucial conversations with drivers, insurance companies, and team members; effective and respectful communication is essential. Core job responsibilities include:
- Handle insurance claims for driver accidents/incidents (auto liability/physical damage) – gather the incident report, collect pictures, work with the parties to take care of equipment, compile paperwork, and work with our insurance companies on the claims.
- Assist drivers with ELD (Electronic Logging Device) issues and Hours-of-Service (HOS) situations. This includes answering questions, addressing violations, reporting, and troubleshooting ELD system problems. (If unfamiliar with ELD and HOS, we will train.)
- Driver Scorecard Administration – update and enter driver points into the scorecard system, specifically for maintenance bonuses.
- DOT expirations – help maintain driver DOT cards, licenses, and any DOT-related paperwork.
- Full-time position; Monday-Friday; 7:30am – 5pm.
- Location: Corporate Offices – 19336 N. 1425 East Rd., Hudson, IL 61748.
Benefits & Perks ✨
- Health, dental, & vision coverage for you + eligible dependents.
- Life & disability insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option for healthcare and childcare expenses.
- ESOP account – company-funded supplemental retirement account (on top of the 401k).
- 401(k) match.
- Paid holidays & escalating PTO.
- Cross-Department Networking – Get to know fellow employee owners through network lunches, financial workshops, serving on a committee/event team, service projects, and GrowRED activities.
- GrowRED Professional Development – Earn rewards points as you engage in classes, seminars, job shadows, online training, and activities with fellow employee owners!
- Company Wellness Program – includes step and weight loss incentives, gym reimbursements, and free add-on healthcare benefits. Earn reward points for engaging in a healthy, active lifestyle!
- Rewards – GrowRED + Wellness points may be redeemed for gift cards, electronics, PTO days, and more!
- Food days! Once per month, enjoy a free gourmet lunch served by fellow employee-owners.
Here’s the type of person we’re looking for:
- Team player – interacts well with others, respectful, gives/receives feedback with grace and honesty.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Self-motivated – identifies new opportunities and takes initiative to solve problems.
- Lifelong Learner – always looking to grow, both personally and professionally.
- Detail Oriented – patient and willing to dive into the details.
Experience & Qualifications 💼
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and general computer skills.
- A background in insurance or customer service is preferred.
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.