- Job Type: Full-Time
- Listing Status: Active
- Date Posted: 2023-03-22 07:00
Nussbaum is seeking a Driver Manager to coach and support a roster of 30-35 drivers. Your primary objective is to help drivers grow and succeed in their role, ensuring job satisfaction and driver retention. Day-to-day, you will provide load information/routing directions, coach on safety and efficiency, and hold drivers accountable for on-time arrivals and federal hours of service (HOS) regulations. You will also serve as their primary advocate within the Operations department, communicating their needs and availability to the rest of the team.
Our ideal candidate has strong communication/conflict resolution skills and has a working knowledge of (or is willing to learn) federal hours-of-service (HOS) regulations. Candidates should also demonstrate a robust team-player attitude and willingness to engage with other Driver Managers and operations personnel.
At Nussbaum, our vision is to be purpose-driven in everything we do. We want to make a positive impact – on our drivers, employees, customers, partners, and those we meet along the way. This means we do more than just “show up.” As employee owners, we own our actions and take a personal stake in our company’s success. We lead with faith and integrity. We put people and family first. It’s at our core, and it’s the reason so many people love coming to work here each day. Are you ready to join us?
- Supervise a roster of 30-35 drivers
- Serve as an advocate, coach, accountability partner, disciplinarian (lower/initial levels), and primary support person for your drivers
- Answer a variety of questions over the phone, including on load schedules, load information, directions, help with fuel stops, parking locations, etc.
- Communicate with Operations personnel on a driver’s availability and load needs
- Respond to driver ideas, frustrations, or concerns related to their job satisfaction
- Full-time position
- Monday-Friday; 7am – 4:30pm
- Location: Corporate Offices – 19336 N. 1425 East Rd., Hudson, IL 61748
- Full insurance benefits – health, dental, vision, short-term life, and disability
- 401(k) company-match
- Escalating PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – a company-funded supplemental retirement benefit in addition to the 401(k)
- Flexible Spend Account options for healthcare and child daycare
- Professional development opportunities
Desired Soft Skills
- Strong communication skills, including patience and a friendly attitude
- Team player – able to interact well with others, respectful, gives/receives feedback with grace and honesty
- Self-motivated – identifies new opportunities and takes initiative to solve problems
- Desire for continual learning – always looking to grow, both personally and professionally
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
Desired Hard Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Understanding of Federal Hours of Service
Submit the form below to let us know you are interested in this position and send us your resume.